Translate

Friday, April 17, 2015

The Battle

"It was a game, a simple game."
The jest, as he dances, yells in the streets
He has gone mad you see
From a great battle he witnessed ages ago

Where roques marked castle sides
And nights guarded the front with great chivalry
The king and queen sitting high in thrones
Like Gods watching mere mortals play

I imagined myself still as a knight in battle
Awaiting the horseman to approach me with stealth
And as I stare death in the face I would not weep
Not a sound would escape me for I would be strong

The idea of a heroic battle is all in my greed
I can taste the blood on my lips but the man
The man he is ahead of me and before I can strike I am dead
And my kingdom is destroyed

The chess piece falls from the table and his final words for me
"Check mate."

1 comment: