Translate

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Rebel Love Story

"Don't you remember watching that shitty ass movie?"
"What movie?" I ask continuing to dice the vegetables on the now splintering cutting board Josiah has handed me from the sink. It didn't look clean but what more can you do in a world thirsty for water it can't even control it's limited tears.
He bites down on the unlit cigarette as he fishes for the lighter in his pockets. "That one movie with the kid with only one leg and the girl who has to breathe through a fucking tank but she gets tired just walking down the fucking stairs." To his success Josiah takes out the missing lighter with a cry of joy and lights his cigarette with a pleasant smile then tossing it back into the black hole that are his denim pockets.
"You mean The Fault In Our Stars?" I raise my eyebrow and stop the motions of my hands. "And stop cussing so damn much, your kid is in the living room watching his show."
Josiah pays no mind to his four year old sitting too close to the TV watching SpongeBob prance around like an idiot in Jellyfish Fields. It's a miracle this show has been running for almost 30 years with all the original cast members dead, but the young ones don't know, heck they still don't know the difference between right and wrong.

Josiah lets the smoke leave his mouth as a simple "so" leaves his lips with a sickening shrug. I almost want to toss him out the window but I can't, I married this idiot now I have to put up with him, sucks to be married to the man you love at the age of 24 with a kid watching your every move to the dot to be just like "mommy and daddy!" I know that by motherly instinct I should love my son but there are times where I just want to wring his neck or even shove him into a closet for days until he learns when to shut up.
"Back to the movie!"
I snap out of my trance and notice that I've already cut all the carrots and was just near to cutting off my thumb, oh what a pleasure that would've been. "What about the movie?" I ask wiping my hands against the apron my mother-in-law got me for Christmas.
"It just seemed so fucking dumb." He chuckles taking another breath of his nicotine lover. "Seriously like how the fuck are you going to convince me that love like that ever happens?"
"Josiah watch your goddam language!" I swear pointing the knife in his direction before tossing it into the sink with the rest of useless utensils. I'm careful in washing my hands when it comes to the wedding ring on my left hand, cautious is not the word but more like crazy to make sure that I don't lose the precious thing. "Plus why is it dumb?" I question shaking off the remains of the water then wiping them on the dish towel nearby. "We were a pretty dumb love story ourselves."
"Yeah but it happens to everyone." He chuckles flicking some ashes into the tray before his blue eyes are hooded over.
"In the exact same order that we went through?" I lightly laugh making my way over to him. "So other kids parents tried to shoot their daughters boyfriend out the front lawn and then she sneaks out so they could drive into the city for a late night drive?" I rest my head lightly on his shoulder with my arms wrapped around his waist. "Or getting married behind everyone's backs except for their stupid friends?"
"Okay maybe not in that order."
"But darling everyone goes through it." I mockingly pout making his head shake.
Josiah laughs once more before taking another breathe of nicotine. "Why am I so in fucking love with you?" He shoves the stub into the tray and turns to wrap himself around me.
"Because I'm the only one who tame you yet have you going crazy for me?"
"Oh right."

No comments:

Post a Comment