Translate

Monday, June 15, 2015

Mother

I remember when the days were longer
The nights seemed so far away
An aching breath keeping us steady
As you laid on your death bed
Tubes feeding your body things you couldn't say
Words too foreign for your native tongue
Unbearable to watch the heaviness of your chest
Like the weight of the world is on you
Maybe it was, as three children watched you die
Each day a piece of yourself lost
Not too slow but not too fast
Maybe that's why it wqs harder to let go
Perhaps thats why my memory is faded
Parhaps that's why I barely remember your voice
Perhaps that's why my heart aches
For a long lost teacher like yourself

1 comment:

  1. There's really nothing to say about how staggeringly beautiful this poem is. Every line is filled with so much power and imagery, it has made me speechless. Thank you for letting the world share this moment.

    ReplyDelete